1. Winter Weather: Winter finally brought us some cold weather here in Florida. The past few weeks have been pretty cold. We have been able to dust off our winter clothes and put them to use, make soups and chili, and get in tons of warm snuggles!
2. Ava 5 months: This month has been my favorite month so far. Ava's personality is coming out more, she is able to do more things, and is full throttle. It's so fun to watch her grow and change. It's like we blink and all of a sudden she does something new.
3. The Lovesac: Well it has finally arrived. The Big One is here. Our Lovesac arrived this week and we are in love. Joey had one of these in college and we wanted to get one for our house. We think it will be great for Ava and her friends to use when she gets older. I also know we will create some awesome memories on it as a family. I'm not going to lie, it is much bigger than I expected and it looks even bigger in our little living room (My home is totally off the Southern Living finest homes list) but it is so comfortable and lots of fun. I have already taken a few naps on it.
4. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: This week I posted this recipe. This is one of our favorite things to have in the freezer for dessert. I don't know about you but every time I buy chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream I feel like there is NEVER enough cookie dough in the ice cream. Now, I will never have to worry about that problem again. With this recipe I can have endless amounts of cookie dough in my ice cream. My second favorite thing to do with this recipe is use it as a filling for chocolate chip cupcakes. So delicious! You can find the recipe here. Pin now and make later or heck...make it right now!
5. The BIG NEWS: Ok, now it's time for the big news. This coming week will be my last week as an elementary school teacher. I will be starting a new journey as a 6th grade middle school Reading teacher. I have worked at the same school for 8 years. It was the first and only school I have ever worked at. I have made some wonderful friendships and experienced many different seasons of my life during my time there. Of course this change is scary, yet exciting at the same time. I will miss seeing the students on campus. There is something so special about them that I just can't put it into words. The good thing is that I will see them again in a few years and maybe even have some of them in my class again. This change is very much needed for my family. I am looking forward to being closer to home and getting out earlier. Here is to new beginnings!
Happy Friday From The Future
Join me in my journey as a wife, new mom and a baker as I learn to balance all of life's aprons.