Well that's it for this week...do you have anything to confess this week?
Ok here it goes...
You remember back a few months ago when I said I was going to work on eating healthier, working out and making healthier life choices, and if I made my goal Joey and I would go on a trip to New York? Yea...well that didn't work out. We changed our minds about going to New York, I ate good for a while, worked out for about a week, and well, now I have gained back all of my weight plus some. My anxiety has returned, my clothes don't fit, and I have zero energy.
So here I am back to square one. Here I go again and hopefully I can stick with it a little longer than last time. This go around there is no trip motivating me. What motivates me now is just feeling better and becoming a better me!
Anxiety is something I have always struggled with even when I was a little girl. So now with a family, bills, and being over weight it's even worse. It comes and it goes. I usually notice a jump in it during summer time once things have slowed down, and when I am away from home. When I make healthier choices I notice a HUGE difference in my anxiety. It's almost nonexistent. This is what motivates me now. The thought of just feeling better!
My goal this time is to still lose 10 pounds, stick with it, work out, and work on the 80/20. At least that's what I think they call it. Eat right and make healthy choices 80% of the time and treat yourself 20% of the time. Although 20% sounds like a lot, which is exciting to me but I could have it all wrong. Either way it's time (once again) to make a change and here I go!
Do you have something to confess this week?
Do you have something to confess this week?
Do you have something to confess today?
Do you have anything to confess this week?
Is there something you want to confess this week?
* I have 10,377 photos on my computer and not a single one is organized into a folder. It's driving me nuts! Creating folders is on my summer to do list.
* My husband is out of town and when I heard my daughter crying on the monitor at 4:00am this morning my first thought was, “I wish we had a Nanny.” But it was only for a split second. Then I got up, opened my eyes, held our daughter and thanked God for such a miracle.
* I really wish I could be that person that stays in their pjs all day and lounges in bed. I always say that that’s what I want to do but when it comes time for it I usually get up and do a bunch of things in the house. I even think sometimes if I get some cute pjs I would wear them longer on Saturdays.
* I have never been one to read long novels. I usually fall asleep when I start to read them and never really found anything that I was interested in. Last summer my mom let me borrow some of her books. I read the book, Choice, written by Nicholas Sparks. I loved it! But I have to admit…towards the end I didn’t like how it was going and was afraid of the ending, so I skipped to the end of the book to make sure I liked the ending in order to keep reading.
* I am a complete hopeless romantic and LOVE binge watching Hallmark movies on Sundays. Pretty soon Christmas in July is coming and my friend and I are already planning a get together to watch their Christmas movie marathon with our babies and husbands.
* I am a teacher and I can’t wait for summer time! Joey recently told me that for the first week of summer I can take Ava to daycare if I’d like. That way I can have a week to relax and decompress. I can also get some appointments scheduled. I have been thinking about taking him up on the offer but I feel bad dropping her off at daycare knowing that I will be home.
Do you have any confessions this week?
I secretly wish I could grow dreads. It must be the inner hippie/free spirit in me. I admire women who have nice dreads.
Sometimes I put the baby monitor up to my hear so I can try and hear Ava breathing just to make sure she is ok. Or I will stare at until I see her move. One of my crazy mom things that I do.
We have been very busy lately and on the go which I have enjoyed. But this weekend I want time with just Joey and Ava. I want to stay home, play and snuggle with Ava, clean my house, watch Hallmark, catch up on my shows Arrow and Nashville, get Ava’s treats for her teachers made, and take pictures of Ava. Maybe even make a trip to Lowes on Friday night...Ahhhh my dream weekend!
Sometimes my cleaning techniques consist of throwing everything in a closet and calling it a day. Out of sight out of mind.
I didn’t wash my hair for four days straight this week. I have been loving my new found discovery of dry shampoo.
I hate basketball season because all you hear on ESPN is LEBRON JAMES. Uhh that’s the only name you hear. I get it he’s good but come on!
I LOVE to drink out of the milk jug. For some odd reason it just tastes better straight from the jug. So if you come over to my house never ask for milk.
Have something you want to confess this week?
Join me in my journey as a wife, new mom and a baker as I learn to balance all of life's aprons.