1. Ava's 6 Month Check-up: This week Ava went for her 6 month check-up. She weighs 12 pounds 9 ounces, her height is 24 3/4 inches, and her head's circumference is 39.7 centimeters. We like to call her the "one percenter" because she has been in the 1st percentile for her weight for a while now. The doctor said he's not worried about it because she is growing and that's all that matter. After all, someone has to be the 1%. Heck I wish I was in the 1% for my weight. People always ask me if she was a premie and the answer is no. She is just a petite baby. She also got her vaccinations that day. Yes, I am a mother who vaccinates her child. Anyhow, Ava is growing and learning something new everyday and we are loving every minute of it!
2. New York City: So I told Joey that I was ready to start try to lose weight. I would like to lose 20 pounds but I lack motivation. I told him that I really needed help with this and that I needed someone to push me and keep me motivated. Of course, he said he would help me out and encourage me to work hard in order to reach my goal. He also gave me a little incentive. If I lose the 20 pounds that I want to lose and keep it off, then during my Christmas break this year he will take me to New York for two nights to see the City during Christmas time and a Broadway show! I immediately shook his hand and said deal!!! I will keep you all posted on my progress here on the Five on Friday! Wish me luck! Oh, and don't worry I will still be posting recipes with all the good stuff in it and some healthier recipes. There will be a good mixture of both.
3. Healthy Pancake Recipe: I posted this recipe earlier this week. It is a great alternative to the traditional pancake recipe. Give it a try! You can find the recipe here.
4. Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe: I have been working hard the past few months to come up with my own chocolate chip bakery style cookie. I think I am almost there. I just need to try a few more things and I should have it figured out.
5. Strawberry Season: One of our favorite places to get strawberries is at Parksdale Farms in Plant City, FL. One reason is because of their amazing strawberry milkshakes. They are fabulous. Usually this time of year the line for the milkshakes is wrapped around the building but they move fast and its totally worth it. The second reason is because they always have the best strawberries. So far crop has been so delicious this season. They are nice and sweet and you don't even need sugar.
Join me in my journey as a wife, new mom and a baker as I learn to balance all of life's aprons.