1. Two Ingredient Pizza Dough: I stumbled across this two ingredients pizza dough recipe a few months ago. My curiosity of how you can make such an easy pizza dough with just TWO ingredients and it still taste good led me to trying it. I had assumed it would have been a regular Pinterest fail but I am here to tell you that it wasn't. It was actually quite delicious. This recipe makes for a fun pizza night. It's something that younger children could definitely help out with and the whole family can have fun in the kitchen making pizzas. You can find the recipe here.
2. The Baby Swing: This week we purchased a baby swing for Ava. She likes the swing but she isn't overly excited about it. Georgia on the other hand (our fur baby), loves to run back and forth as she swings. Needless to say it has gotten us outside in the afternoons after work and the whole family is enjoying it.
3. Gender Reveal: My brother and his girlfriend had their gender reveal party last weekend. Unfortunately, we couldn't make it because Ava had a really bad virus last weekend. But I did receive this picture as soon as it happened. It's a boy! I am so excited to become an Aunt and for Ava to have a cousin to play with!
4. Our First Night Away from Ava: In the past two weeks the Thompson home has been filled with germs and sickness. Ava had a week long virus last week, and now I have a bacterial infection in my throat, and Joey literally has the worst stomach bug ever! So with that said, we had my parents come and get her last night to keep her for the weekend. That way Joey and I could rest and get better and so she wouldn't get any of the bad germs we currently have. It was a little hard but I know she is in such good hands. I made sure to pack PLENTY of things that she might need. My dad's exact words when he pulled up were, "Hell fire! You didn't tell me I needed to bring a trailer!" Oh Papa, we just love him. But don't think for one second that he left anything behind. He packed everything his little grand baby needed.
5. Gatorade Popsicles: My husband put these together last night and they have been delicious and easy on our throats and stomachs while we have been sick. This time of year they usually have these popsicle molds out in the stores for a really good price!
6. Say a Prayer for Mississippi: I am adding an extra in here this week. Please say a prayer for my family in Mississippi. They are currently experiencing some flooding due to all the rain and it's supposed to continue raining for another two days! It's also my Great Aunt Florence's 90th Birthday and they are throwing her a party. There are a ton of family members in town so please say a prayer for them. Happy Birthday Aunt Florence!
Happy Friday Everyone!
Join me in my journey as a wife, new mom and a baker as I learn to balance all of life's aprons.