1. DIY Burlap Wreath: I made this burlap wreath in the summertime. For a while I kept it plain because decorating wreaths really isn’t my thing. I tried during the fall to add some fall decor to it and well…that just didn’t work. So this spring I thought I would give it another try. I spent HOURS in the ribbon aisle at Hobby Lobby before deciding on what ribbon to use. As I was in Hobby Lobby I scrolled through Pinterest for just a few seconds (this is important to me or otherwise it can get out of hand) to get some ideas. I was all set and just a few steps from the cash register when I changed my mind. The story of my life at Hobby Lobby. Needless to say here is my final project!
2. Potted Garden: Another spring project I have started is this potted garden. Joey and I definitely have a black thumb but I am hoping this potted garden changes our luck and gives us a green thumb. So far everything is still living and it’s been a week! Woohoo!! What do you do to keep your gardens growing?
3. Ava's New Favorite Toy: The Easter Bunny bought Ava these Hide N Squeak Eggs for her basket this year. Honestly, when I first opened them they weren’t as exciting as I thought and I was a little disappointed. However, when Ava discovered them she LOVED them! This is her most favorite toy. When she sees them she gets so excited. She loves to dump all the eggs out of the carton, kick them around with her little feet, pick them up and analyze them, and then eats them. They keep her busy for quite a while. She will start to fuss a little and then we put the eggs back in the carton and the process starts all over. I highly recommend these eggs for your little one!
4. How to Keep Your Jewelry From Tarnishing: I love costume jewelry and statement necklaces but I hate how they tarnish. One time a lady at the store told me to prevent them from tarnishing it is important that they don’t touch each other. She mentioned that she wrapped hers with tissue paper or stored them in ziplock bags. Well I have done both and it has worked! I also make sure that I put my jewelry on last. Do you have any tricks to keeping your jewelry from tarnishing?
5. New Book for Moms: My sister bought me this book, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Moms a while ago and as I was dusting our bedroom the other day I stumbled across it. I have been reading it lately and LOVE IT! It is such a good read and gives great advice for mommas.
Join me in my journey as a wife, new mom and a baker as I learn to balance all of life's aprons.