1. Meal Replacement Shake: Lately Joey and I have been having a meal replacement shake in the morning. It just seems to work better with our morning routine and is a quick way to get a good filling and healthy shake. I recently found this meal replacement shake at the Vitamin Shoppe that I LOVE! It is so delicious! Seriously! It has vitamins and minerals and the best part is that it comes out to be about $1.56 per shake. Joey drinks his as is, but I had the water plus almond milk, and ground flaxseed to mine to give it a little extra fiber. I blend it in the Ninja and the flaxseed mixes in really good. We both enjoy this shake very much!
2. God is Good Y'all: My friend Mallory sells these awesome shirts. I am so in love with this shirt that she made for me. They are soft and comfortable. She does a great job on them! If you are interested in purchasing one of her shirts you can find them here. She also has a great sale going on right now on monogrammed shirts! I just placed my order.
3. It's Great to Be a Pirate: This February I started my new job teaching middle school. I have to say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new job. It is so great to be a Pirate! This week we had literacy night. The faculty performed a play in which I played the part of a valley girl cheerleader. It was so much fun and hilarious. I didn’t get home until late that night so I didn’t get to see Ava before she went to bed and I didn’t get a lot of time to spend with my husband. However, because I LOVE my job and had such a great time building friendships and educating parents and students it was well worth it. It’s great to be a pirate!
4. Fiesta! This weekend we are celebrating my amazing husband’s birthday. Some friends of ours are coming over for a FIESTA and game night. Words can’t express how much this man means to us. Ava and I are so excited to celebrate his birthday this weekend and so blessed to call him ours!
Below is a picture from our honeymoon in 2014. I love this picture as it shows Joey's sense of humor and awesome personality as he did a little signature move after jumping from a rope swing in Kauai.
5. Ava's Baptism: This weekend Ava is going to be baptized. We are so excited for her to receive this sacrament and to welcome her as a member of the family of Christ. She will be wearing the gown I wore for my baptism. We are excited to celebrate this day with our family and Church.
Join me in my journey as a wife, new mom and a baker as I learn to balance all of life's aprons.