It's Friday, it's Friday! Woohoo!
Before I begin the Five on Friday I wanted to start off by apologizing for any deleted comments. The other day I was working on the blog and trying to delete some of the spam comments. You know, the ones that have nothing to do with the blog and don't make any sense. Well when I hit the delete button nothing was happening. So of course I got impatient and kept clicking and clicking. Next thing I know I had deleted a bunch of comments that I didn't want to delete. If one of your comments was in that batch I am so VERY SORRY. It wasn't on purpose! Hopefully it never happens again.
Now onto the Five on Friday...
1. Potted Herbs: Since my black thumb is starting to turn green I thought I would take my chance at growing some herbs. The lady at the store told me that basil was a very strong plant. I thought that it would be perfect for someone like me who has zero experience with growing herbs. Plus I LOVE basil! I also decided to go with some oregano as well.
Last weekend, I found this pot in our garage and spray painted it with some chalkboard paint I had left over from a previous project. After that was finished we began planting. Ava and Georgia decided to join in on the fun. I think Georgia just hung around for the belly scratches and the nice blanket to lay on. Ava was in it for the picking. She decided to pick a bunch of the basil. Thank goodness it's a strong herb! If it can last Ava pulling, picking, and throwing it around then it just might be able to survive my not so green thumb!
2. Ava's new thing: I can't get over this beautiful weather! Lately Ava and I have spent our afternoons outside. She plays and I take 352,657 photos of her while she does her thing. I absolutely love taking pictures of her. I love capturing her personality and the different stages of her life. Right now she has started this new thing where she makes this noise by putting her lips together and then blowing. Sometimes she blows out some bubbles and other times she just makes the cutest little faces doing it. It definitely brings laughter to our souls!
3. Toy Rotation: A few weekends ago I set up a toy rotation for Ava's toys. We are on week two and so far everyone loves the toy rotation. It helps keep toys new and exciting for Ava, doesn't leave 90 million toys all over the living room which is refreshing to us, and allows for easy clean up! I will be writing a blog post about it this weekend so make sure to check back!
4. Teacher Appreciation Gift: Last week was teacher appreciation week. The local YMCA delivered these boxes for us. I have to say someone must have read my Confessional Thursday last week. I talked about working out and dry shampoo and guess what was in my gift box? A workout CD and dry shampoo!!! Haha! It was awesome! There were some other goodies in there as well like a nice turkish towel. I have been wanting one of those so badly. I can't wait to use it this summer!
5. Ipsy.com: My sister bought me a year long subscription to Ipsy. I have been seeing a lot of different monthly subscriptions and I am SOOOO happy that I get one! This one they send you different beauty products to try based on the profile you create on their website. I can't wait to receive my first box and see what goodies are in it. It should be arriving soon! I will definitely make sure to blog about it and give you all the scoop on any great beauty products!
What to join in on the fun? Click the logos below to link up!
Join me in my journey as a wife, new mom and a baker as I learn to balance all of life's aprons.