This week's Five on Friday includes some of my favorite "out and about" adventures we have been on lately and a few of my fall finds.
1. The Glazer Museum: A few weekends ago we took Ava to the Glazer Museum in Tampa. She loved it! Of course, a lot of the stuff she couldn't do yet because she's not walking yet but there were still some areas that she enjoyed. We are looking forward to taking her back when she gets a little older.
2. Burgers and Brews: We went to the Burger and Brew festival and had some delicious juicy hamburgers and some yummy craft beer. I don't think I have ever eaten so many burgers. Our favorite burger was called Bourbon Breath. It had bourbon bacon, homemade ketchup, and a jalapeño popper. The jalapeño popper made the burger!
It was so hot that day so we stayed long enough to get some burgers and headed home.
3. Halloween Horror Night: Last weekend, Joey and I went to Halloween Horror nights on our Mommy and Daddy Weekend getaway (I will be posting details about it tomorrow). We had a lot of fun. I have to say that the fast pass is the way to go. We were able to go to all of the haunted houses with maybe a 5 or 10 minute wait in line. Everyone else who didn't have a fast pass were waiting over an hour in line for the haunted houses.
I also faced my fear of roller coasters and rode this roller coaster. Although, I am starting to think it's not so much a fear of roller coasters as it is extreme motion sickness. I did fine on this ride but after two of their simulator rides I found myself in the bathroom very sick.
4. Treat Yo Self: I recently discovered this coffee mug at Walmart for about $3.00 so I treated myself!
5. Fall Fashion: One of my favorite things about fall is wearing corduroy. I always find great corduroy for a low price at Walmart. I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart. I love the great finds there but I hate dealing with all the people! So I usually go super early in the morning. Anyhow, I recently purchased this corduroy dress there for $15. I love it! It's light weight and perfect for Florida's summer, I mean fall weather. They come in black and a mustard color as well. I think I want to get one in every color.
Happy Friday Everyone!
Join me in my journey as a wife, new mom and a baker as I learn to balance all of life's aprons.