This week's Five on Friday is one of my favorites. There are some pretty great finds I am sharing about today. So lets begin!
1. Easy One Dish Meals: Lately, I have been looking for meals that are easy to throw together. Last week, we stumbled across these Freezer to Plate kits while looking through the coupons in the paper. We also noticed they are made for when you forget to lay something out from the freezer for dinner, which we do all the time! We tried one out this week and it was really good. It was so quick and easy to throw together. I added avocado and more corn to ours.
2. Nuby Giveaway: This week I posted about our favorite Toddler Meal Time Must Haves and I am hosting my first giveaway. Check out the blog post here and enter for a chance to win Nuby's New Sure Grip Miracle mat. The giveaway ends soon!
3. Downy Wrinkle Releaser: This stuff is amazing! You spray it on your wrinkled clothes, give them a little tug here and there, let it dry (if you sprayed a lot on there), and then throw it on! No iron needed!
4. Staycation #2: This weekend Joey and I are headed to Orlando for another Mommy and Daddy weekend out! My parents are going to watch Ava for the weekend while we have a little getaway and head on over to Halloween Horror Nights. I am super excited about this! I haven't been to Halloween Horror Nights since I was in high school. We will also be able to enjoy some time relaxing by the pool. Who knows, maybe I will be able to finish my book that I started this summer.
5. The Bathing Suit Battle: So I have decided to give up the whole high waist bikini deal. Bathing suits have definitely been a struggle for me this summer. I just couldn't get comfortable in one. Yea, the high waist bikini looked good from the front, but there is a reason I never posted a side view picture. Haha...and the back side? Well that just made things look much bigger than they really are. Needless to say the other day I FINALLY found a bathing suit I can feel comfortable in and not feel like a frumpy mom. I have discovered that when trying to hide your postpartum baby belly in a one piece that patterns are key! Stay away from horizontal stripes. Even solid black doesn't do well for me (which is my normal go to thing). Anyhow, I found this Liz Claiborne bathing suit at Jc Penny's. It was originally $86 and I got it for $14!!! Yes! $14! I will be sporting this bathing suit this weekend for our staycation.
Oh and one more thing...Happy FALL! You can find some of my fall recipes below!
Homemade Apple Cider
Apple Cider Sangria
Apple Pie Mimosas
Butter Pecan Cookies
Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Pecans
Happy Friday Everyone!
Join me in my journey as a wife, new mom and a baker as I learn to balance all of life's aprons.