It's Friday and I am so stinking excited, even though this is technically my last Friday of summer break (so sad). Surprisingly, I am really excited to get back to work and to start the school year off as a 6th grade Middle School Teacher. Anyhow let's get started with my favorite five.
1. Staycation (No kids allowed): Joey has surprised me with a staycation! That's right! We are headed to Orlando this weekend to stay at a resort while Ava goes to Nona and Papa's house, and Georgia goes to the Pet Resort. We will be kid free and dog free this weekend! Do you know what that means? We get to SLEEP IN and go on a DATE! We haven't been on a date in forever. Oh, I can't wait. I will definitely be unplugged this weekend enjoying this wonderful time with the hubs.
2. Teeth! Ava started getting her FIRST tooth this week. We were so excited and then we realized...oh wait...she's getting a tooth! That means the teething blues. Sure enough we have experienced a little of that this week. It has definitely been some of the hardest times for me as a momma so far. Which I guess isn't too bad if you think about it. It's just hard hearing your baby cry and knowing that there's not much you can do for her. We tried all the teething toys, wash cloth ideas, medicine, and so on. The things that seem to work for us are keeping her busy during the day, teething tablets, rice rusk teethers, and our fur baby Georgia. Georgia always makes her smile. Night time is really when she has a hard time with it. That's when we depend on Georgia.
3. SPLASH water: I recently tried this water and it's actually really good. Right now Publix has them on sale. You can get a 6 pack for a $1. 00.
4. Homemade Creamy Herb Dressing: This week on Instagram I mentioned a homemade Herb Dressing. Oh my goodness this stuff is so good. I am seriously addicted. I actually got the recipe from another blogger and friend Julie Nibbe. You can find her blog here and follow her on Instgram here. She is an awesome lady who inspires me every day. I didn't have some of the ingredients her recipe called for so I adapted it to what I had.
Creamy Herb Dressing
5. BOWS BOWS and More BOWS! The other week I discovered that I can now clip a bow in Ava's hair. Currently she hates head band bows and keeps them on there just long enough for me to take a picture. The clips she keeps in for a little longer if she is distracted. Often I find them randomly around our house after she has pulled them out of her hair.
I found some bows on Amazon to order her for her birthday. You get quite a few for a really good price!
Well that's it for this week. Time to get ready for our Staycation!
Join me in my journey as a wife, new mom and a baker as I learn to balance all of life's aprons.