This week is jammed back so let's get right down to it.
1. SURPRISE! Last weekend with the help of some wonderful friends, I threw Joey a surprise party to celebrate his success of becoming a lineman. He was super surprised and had no idea! Our dear friends let me use their house and gorgeous pool for the party. It was wonderful spending the day celebrating Joey with friends that we consider family.
2. Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner: I am a sampler addict. Joey makes fun of me because anywhere we go that's giving away samples I always have to go get a sample. Even if I just got done eating a big meal I still go get my sample. Well, long story short I grabbed my sample at the Publix Aprons station the other day and ended up winning a gift certificate for two FREE admissions to their Publix Aprons Cooking School! I didn't even know this existed. You can pick between a hands on class or a class where you walk in, sit down, they pour you a glass of wine, cook for you and teach you how to do it yourself, serve you a four course meal, and then you leave with all the recipes. Ummm...YES! I believe we will be choosing the second option! This sounds like such a great date night. One that is very much needed and it's FREE! Has anyone been before?
3. Oh Snap! This week I had to work a few days and a good friend of mine offered to babysit Ava while I was at work. Ava had so much fun and something tells me they did too! I received these while I was at work. Hahaha!
4. Ipsy: My sister bought me a subscription to Ipsy for Mother's Day. I LOVE Ipsy!!! Every month I get a package with 5 beauty items that are unique to me and my preferences and beauty profile. I have loved everything in every glam bag and use the products all the time. It's so cool because it seems like every month I get something that I ran out of and actually need. For example, this month I ran out of mascara and sure enough I received mascara in my Ipsy glam bag! You get to set up a profile where they ask you some questions to figure out your style of beauty products and what products your prefer to receive in your bag. You can also change your profile at anytime. If you are looking for a fun monthly subscription this is the one for you. It's only $10 a month and it is worth every penny!
Have you tried Ipsy? Do you love it?
5. Cook Smarts: A friend of mine showed me this really awesome website. If you struggle with meal planning or don't have hours to search on Pinterest and create a grocery list then this tool is perfect for you! On Cook Smarts you can pick your preference of what type of menu you want, whether it be original, gluten free, paleo or vegetarian and you can customize your meal plan based on dietary needs and portion size. Then they provide a grocery list all set and ready for you to head to the grocery store. They also provide videos, an optional prep ahead section, and detailed recipes to help make delicious meals for your family. You can taste-test and receive three free meal plans. Go check it out! Learn more about it here.
That's a wrap!
Happy Friday Everyone!
Join me in my journey as a wife, new mom and a baker as I learn to balance all of life's aprons.