So thankful it is Friday and a three day weekend! There are only 8 schools days left until summer break and 12 days all together. I am so excited! Let's get right down to the Five on Friday...
1. Memorial Day: I am so very thankful for this long weekend we have and the extra time I get to spend with my family. But most importantly I am thankful for the men and women who have served our country and the sacrifices they have made in order for my family and I to live in the Land of the Free. I will be forever grateful for their services to our country.
2. Update on Ava: Ava has had zero interest in learning how to crawl. She will roll, scoot, wiggle and do anything other than crawl to get where she wants to go. My parents told me that I walked before I crawled and Joey and I have a feeling Ava might be the same way. This week Ava’s daycare teachers told us that she pulled herself up using one of her toys and stood up by herself for 1 minute! We were so excited when they told us! You would have thought she won a championship game or something!
3. Bath Time Accessories : Ava is growing so fast. These days she gets to take a big girl bath without her little tub seat. Joey and I were just talking about how we probably need to get one of these. This one even squirts water out of his nose and mouth! I think Ava would love it. Has anyone ever used one of these before?
4. Summer Must Haves: It’s pool season and there are so many awesome things for the pool these days. I found these donut beverage floats. They keep your beverage a float in a pool or hot tub. How cute are these?
This floating cooler is also pretty neat. It keep 24 cans ice cold for hours and the 6 drink holders in the floating base are marked with numbers so you know who’s drink is who’s. There is also a place to hold your suntan lotion.
5. Happy Birthday Mom and Dad! Today is my Mom’s birthday and June 6th is my Dad's birthday. This weekend we are headed to Orlando to celebrate their birthdays together. All of my siblings will be there and I can’t wait! It’s been too long. I love my parents so very much and I am so blessed to have such wonderful parents. I wouldn't be the mom I am today without them. I can't wait to celebrate them this weekend! P.S. Aren't my brothers handsome?
Photography by: Brandy Kay Photography
6. Bonus! Last but not least my new hair do! I decided it was time for a change and chopped my hair off! I am not going to lie...as I was sitting in the chair and she was coloring my hair I got a little nervous. I thought to myself, "Anna, what have you done?". Turns out I LOVE my new hair. It's something new and fun, and I will admit I am obsessed with flipping it from side to side. Here are some before and after pictures.
Want to join in on the fun? Head on over to the blogs below.
Join me in my journey as a wife, new mom and a baker as I learn to balance all of life's aprons.