Ok, so I have to make this quick because I am in the middle of packing for our road trip to Bainbridge Georgia for my husband's family reunion.
1. Christmas in July: Last weekend, some friends of ours and their cute baby boy came over for some Christmas in July fun. We made sugar cookies, edible snow for some sensory play for the babies, frozen hot chocolate and watched the Hallmark Christmas movie marathon. Well with the babies and husbands running around...haha...we didn't get to watch too much of any movie but we had a blast. You can find all the recipes from the day here.
2. Salads Galore! So lately I have been working on making healthier eating choices. I have been in love with salads. Here are a few of the salads I have been munching on this week.
Rosemary Apple Chicken Salad
This one is one of my favorites and so easy to throw together. Below I have included the recipe for the Honey Dijon Vinaigrette dressing.
Honey Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing
Shrimp Avocado Salad
For this salad I just took some boiled shrimp, half of an avocado, a teaspoon of mayo, salt and pepper, mixed it all together and there ya' have it! It was so delicious!
3. Ava's turning one! Whhaatttttttt! Yes that's right. This little stinker doodle (that use to be my nickname for her) is turning one next month. I haven't posted her 10 month highlights or her 11 month highlights (yes I know, I am slacking) but I will soon. I promise. Anyway, she is turning one and Joey and I have been going back and forth about getting her something or not getting her something because she is so little and won't remember. Needless to say I can't NOT get her something...it's her birthday for Pete sake! So now we are set on getting her something but we just don't know what. I had the idea for this tent thing listed below. What are your thoughts? What gifts to you recommend for a one year old?
4. Just Keep Swimming: This week Ava had swim lessons for four days. The first day was awesome. She did really well and seemed to enjoy it. We practiced dunking them underwater, blowing, bubbles, kicking, and more. The second day was a different story. She SCREAMED and CRIED the ENTIRE time. The lesson was only 30 minutes but it seriously felt like forever. For two days straight I was, "THAT mom, with THAT baby." I stuck it out though each day and kept doing the exercises with her crying and all. By the 4th day she was happy. No more tears, no more screaming and she did so good!
5. CHEERS! I was in Publix the other day and found this new sparkling wine. I haven't tried it yet but I am bring some on our trip to have when we get to the hotel. I guess they had me at SPARKLING and 88 calories per can. I bought the Hibiscus Cucumber. Have you tried it before?
Happy Friday Everyone!
Join me in my journey as a wife, new mom and a baker as I learn to balance all of life's aprons.