First up this week is this new cleanser that was recommended by another Mommy friend of mine. One of the things I love about blogging is finding great baby products that really help make life easier and this product is one of them. We ordered the big bottle of this and I am so happy we did. I use this no rinse cleanser on the nights that I don't get to bathe Ava due to life just being so crazy busy. I keep it at her changing table and use a wash cloth to wipe her down with it. It is safe for her sensitive skin and hasn't caused any rashes or breakouts. I highly recommend this product for any changing table!
2. First Day Jitters: This week was my first week at my new job as a middle school teacher. I was super nervous on the first day. After my first few periods the nerves went away. I LOVE middle school. Of course, I am still working on weeding out some of my elementary things that I am quickly learning are too young for middle school students. They let you know real quick when you say something that is for "kids" even though they are just kids. Some of the things that I love so far about middle school are:
* Side note: A student did ask me if I was pregnant in front of the whole class the other day. I simply told her that no I was NOT pregnant, but I did have a baby just five months ago (clearly she missed all the pictures of Ava I have all over my desk) and that unless you know for sure that someone is pregnant or that you can see they are 9 months pregnant, you really shouldn't ask that question.
3. Time Well Spent: Yesterday, after school I left right when teachers are allowed to leave and I was able to get home with Ava by 3:10. It was so nice. So I decided to play on the floor with Ava and take some pictures. I have noticed that since I have been back to work I don't take as many pictures as I did when I was on maternity leave (I know that's hard to believe). So I've been trying to make an effort to capture as many moments as I can.
4. Urban Dictionary: My husband downloaded this app for me on my phone. I have learned that it's a must in middle school. A student told me that I was "khaki" the other day. This is how the conversation went:
Student: Miss you look khaki today. (We are working on the whole "Miss" thing, and that my name is Mrs. Thompson, not Miss.)
Me: Excuse me?
Student: It's not a bad thing.
(Well I couldn't find a definition that was a "good thing" in the urban dictionary. Her exact explanation was this.)
Student: Miss, you know how there are people who match? And then there are people who are khaki? Yea, well you are khaki but in a good way. Like your outfit looks good all "khaki".
Me: Oh, so you mean you like my eclectic style.
Student: Yea, like I know what that means.
So I explained to her what it meant and she said yes that's what she was trying to say. Whether "khaki" is really a good thing, or even if that was really what she was trying to say, I am not really sure. But I do know I did get to teacher her a new word that day.
5. Boogie Bear & Boogie Wipes: This winter season Ava and I have been battling a cold for months now. I am so over it. I can't wait to feel like my normal self again. Ava has had a very runny nose and lots of boogies. I know I have posted about this before but I wanted to mention it again because these two products have been such life savers for us the past few months. Ava loves the wipes!
Happy Friday Everyone!
Join me in my journey as a wife, new mom and a baker as I learn to balance all of life's aprons.